New Police Facility Construction 2018
Following the ceremonial groundbreaking in June, site preparation and initial demo work for the new police facility is now well underway. Use the link below to see construction photos.
The New Facility:
• Can adequately meet the technology, equipment, and systems requirements of a modern law enforcement agency.
• Williams Architects considered Bartlett’s current population, department staffing and projected future growth to design a plan. Also, the firm toured three police facilities in comparable communities and conducted interviews with police staff regarding their use of department space.
• The building will be flexible in providing all of the existing services, as well as those services needed in the future.
• The increased space addresses the current size of the evidence storage area and lockers, the small training room,
and the overcrowded offices.
• The expansion also provided a better flow for the department’s detention zone, as well as bonding out
and exiting detainees from the building.
• All necessary repairs and replacements listed above will also be addressed.
• The construction would bring the building up to current code standards.